Sunday 5 November 2006

It's Bonfire Night..

Except seeing as though the fireworks have been going off for two or three weeks, it is actually quite hard to tell these days when it really is.
You probably all remember the poem associated with bonfire night,
Remember, Remember the 5th of November, Gunpowder, Treason & plot.....

Well our Grandma was quite a naughty lady & preferred to teach us something wicked.
Our bonfire night poem was,
Bonfire Night the stars are bright,
Three little angels dressed in white.
One with a trumpet, one with a drum
and one with a toffee apple stuck to it's bum!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought about Grandma tonight when I saw the toffee apples in Tescos.

I thought I'd have an untraditional bonfire night tea & am having my favourite...
Spring Rolls, Crispy Wantons, Prawn Toast with Special Fried Rice & a noggin of garlic share bread to dip in the sweet chili sauce..........
I have got some crafting done today but can't share any of it with you as it is for my sister's wedding album.


2 comments:

Concetta said...

Wow! Nice new place you have here! Can't wait to poke around and see what you've been doing!

We're in Boston visiting my family and friends - to stave off my looming homesickness. All's well here - lots of people to see and children to snuggle. Spent the day w my god-daughter and her sister today - wonderful.

Sometimes I miss this place and these people so much I don't know how I get through my days. Ah well. As my best friend says, "It's only a plane ride." It's just an expensive one, so I don't do it very often. ;o)

Chat you up soon - Concetta

Concetta said...

AND I LOVE THE SPINNING PICTURE BOX!