Pages

Saturday, March 03, 2007

DCM- Out of your comfort zone.

That is the dare for this week. Make a card that is different from your signature designs.
Well, to be honest, I don't have A signature design. Every card I design is usually for a purpose & I very rarely make two the same. Except when asked if I have made something & two people want it!!!
However, if I am to truly step out of my comfort zone, then it is to copy someone else's design.
I only make my own so copying someone else's is scary.
I saw this design by Brenda Walton, a designer for the company K&Co.
I have adapted it of course to make it my own, but it appealed to me.
It is based on an envelope & I have used a big metal floral brad & label tag, which I very recently recieved from a dear friend, Pearl.
Papers are K&Co. Pansy at the bottom of the card is a real pressed one.
The light isn't too hot today & the brad doesn't stand out too well. but, I could wait all day & still not get a better shot of it!!
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Rhi said...

Great card Paula, and an interesting way to step out of your comfort zone. Im looking forward to putting my quilling bits away for a long time!
Rhi xx

Lythan said...

I popped it on close up and it looks even lovelier then. great idea to move out of your comfort zone with Paula

Frog said...

Lovely card Paula.

Andrea xx

Maisymary's Findings said...

I spy with my little eye yes ! some familiar things ! lol

glad you were able to put them to use quickly ! ;-)

Lifting someone else's design takes you out of your comfort zone ! that's an interesting thought !

Great go at getting out of your comfort zone then !


smiles, Pearl

Saffa said...

Paula,

What a great idea and a beautiful card!

xxSaffa

Kathy said...

The envelope idea is really clever Paula - I think it might be quite adaptable too - maybe it could be made to actually open and to hold a secret message.

The pressed pansy really works well with the paper

Ann said...

Well done Paula, what a fab idea!

Ann

Rachel said...

ooOOooo thats lovely

Gillian Hamilton said...

Oh this is just lovely Paula... what a beautiful, beautiful take on the dare.. You have used everything so wonderfully.

Lynne.x said...

Great card Paula.

BondGirl said...

fantastic card and great way of stepping out of your comfort zone - thanks for joining in!

Jo said...

fantastic idea and beautiful card :)

jo xx

Esther said...

love the papaers you have used on the card ab gorg!