Monday 4 June 2007

Art Journal Week 22, I Want To Learn

What a fantastic prompt, I would never think of some of these. I am quite excited as I have a stack of these altered playing cards growing & think the time has come to make the holes & thread them onto the waiting 3inch book ring. They will look amazing all 52 together. I think we have all done so well & I use this challenge as my weekly "ME TREAT". Time out to make a little piece of art just for me!

Well I really want to learn to play guitar. It has been a dream of mine since I was 3 or 4 years old & my parents bought me a fake electric guitar. I pretended to be Chuck Berry, playing "My Ding-a-Ling" to everyone & anyone who cared to listen! Or didn't as the case may be! (I always had a passion for sunglasses & pretended to be Ronnie Corbett, I was a very odd child!)
Anyhow, getting back to the point, I have had various lessons from various people & I just CAN'T learn!!
I am left handed brought up in a right handed family & neither way feels comfortable to hold the instrument. So I just daydream about being able to play. Rather like the daydream of being paid a better wage! Pipe Dreams they call them, we all should have them.
My excuse is I am a Piscean & we are dreamy, floaty people!

edit to this post as several people have asked about the background. It is paper. I purchased it from Lakeland Limited in a card making kit two years ago.

Posted by Picasa

21 comments:

Marjolein said...

This is so wright!!! I just love to see my stack of cards growing, they are on a ring already but I need a bigger one, or just a small chain.... would look nice too I guess!!

Love your card, and you know what? It IS possible to play guitar when you are left handed, my BIL is lefthanded too and plays the guitar very good!!

Jen said...

Great card! Love the colors and everything. My husband wants to learn to play the guitar as well!

Roos said...

nice card .
love the picture .

i`m busy with mine card

Jennifer Davis said...

Me too..me too! I've had a guitar since highschool and I've yet to learn! Love the card!

Anonymous said...

If my husband would have made a card this week he would have done the same as U ;-)

Linda said...

Great card, and fab story!

scrapdolly said...

It's good to be able to visit you again now it's safe
I have had fun catching up
I missed you x

Unknown said...

Fantastic card, love the music notes, is that a stamp or paper ?

Lyzzydee said...

Great ambition!!

valerie said...

SNAP

valerie said...

Just read your comment for week 21 thanks Paula i would like to say snap to that too

Val

michelle said...

love your card.. is the sheet music background a stamp? i hope you have a breakthrough one day on your guitar. my husband is a lefty and he is learning too, but the guitar is HARD!

Je@net said...

Great card!! It must be great to play the guitar!!

Anonymous said...

Your altered cards are great Paula, you must have a stack of them by now...nicely done!

Beckie said...

great little card

Deborah said...

Love your card, what a great design :)

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Gorgeous card- love the background! I would love to learn guitar too!

suebaru said...

Fab card!

Flapsi said...

Just do it! I don't think it matters whether you get good or not, as long as you have fun! Great card.

jess said...

LOVE your card!!! love the guitar you've added on it!!
Great job & good luck with learning the guitar!!
Xx Jess

Anonymous said...

Cool card !!! and i love your country !! ;)