Monday 18 June 2007

Art Journal Week 24 & a Digi Card!

This weeks' prompt was Remember When. I clearly remember our family holidays when I was around 10/11 years old. We had our caravan. We would go every single weekend to North Summercoates, to stay in it. I have such strong memories of walking around the lake for hours watching the pond skaters & dragonflies. I would lie on the grass, which was quite sandy & write poetry about the vivid blues of them. I would look up into the endless bright blue sky & dream.
The nights seemed to be light for so long. I loved our caravan. First stop was the local store for a paperback book about puppies or ponies. Something to fire my imagination even more!!


This was done for the launch of my friend, Vee's joint venture, a new challenge blog. It is called Inspiration Alley. You really should pop over & take a look. I think it is cool & hope to dip in & out of the projects as & when. Several of the ladies have got together to create something which I consider is totally unique. As you can see digi is definately not my thing. They promise altered projects & so far all the projects that are already on the site have full step by step talk throughs. Definately worth a look.

18 comments:

Marjolein said...

I love this, what a great dragonflie you have on your card! Love the pastel colours a lot, makes it look so soft!

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, means a lot!

Je@net said...

What a sweet card! Love the dragonfly!!
A great card with great memories!

saffiertje said...

I love that dragon fly!!!!
Yes you saw it well! I've got my own banner on my blog! Also created a banner for my mom's blog; http://myownbutterfly.blogspot.com!

Unknown said...

Fantastic card, love the dragonfly and a beautiful memory :)

Debbie Doughty said...

The dragonfly on your card is perfect for your summer memories theme and very pretty too!

beth said...

look at all of those great memories!

valerie said...

gorgeous card love the dragonfly

Val

jan said...

Your card is so pretty and filled with wonderful memories. Gorgeous!!

Gillian said...

oooohhhh...love your art card Paula, beautiful memories..
I'll have to go and check out this link thanks hun...I think your digi card is cool! I wouldn't have the foggiest how to do any of that stuff...

Lyzzydee said...

What a pretty card, love drangonflies!!

Anonymous said...

What a great memorie, treasure it !!, your card is beautiful !!

Renata Moni said...

Very beautiful!!! Love it!!!

Heather said...

Beautiful card and memory.

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Love your card!!!

Deborah said...

Great card and wonderful memories :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely card.

jess said...

love your card, that dragonfly is so cute!
Xx

Kim said...

Love that dragonfly - too cute - tfs!