Tuesday 26 June 2007

Art Journal Week 25!!

Nearly half way!! The prompt was given to us by Tara, a friend of Emily's. As Emily is moving home & about to have a baby & trying to settle in. The prompt is A photo that means something to you.
This picture was taken by me in August 2000. It is very poor as I only had an instant 110 camera. But, the tag behind the pic tells my emotions when I look at this & how the memories of the weekend stay with me. The pic is of my sister & BIL at Queen's Head Hotel, Troutbeck, Ambleside, Cumbria. It was one of the best weekends' of my life. Now he has passed away & the picture is very precious to me. Each time I see it I am reminded of what a fun loving person he was & how much we enjoyed the time there.


This is a picture of the first twenty five cards on my big book ring!

17 comments:

valerie said...

fab card nice that you have such special memories of yor BIL love the book ring keep up the good work

Val

Unknown said...

A great memory and card :)

Mrs Pretzel said...

Love your ring! Your card is great. I really liked this prompt.

Megan said...

HI Paula,

I remember you saying a while ago that you had lost your BIL and you still miss him now....you have preserved his memory beautifully.

Megan xx

::Bek Geach:: said...

Paula... very nice! I near did the same kinda sentiment with a photo of my Dad and two brothers... one passed away last year in a motor cycle accident. Couldnt. Will do one day, just not yet.

So I also did what you did here with the ring... sick of getting my cards "out of order" LOL!
Bx

Marjolein said...

What a great idea, with the tag behind the photo,looks so good! Can believe the photo means a lot!

Love the ring, have the same thing done, and put it all in a tin!

Gillian said...

Oh Paula, such a lovely way to preserve the memories of your BIL...
love your card esp the doodled heart border, all of your cards look unreal on the big ring :O)

jess said...

Your cards look awesome on that big ring!!!
Xx Jess

sylvia said...

I love seeing them all on the big ring, still need to get one myself, I kind of tuck all my cards in a little bag. Not very crafty of me ;)

Jen said...

Wow...what a beautiful card and picture. I can see why you chose it as one that meant something to you.

Micayla said...

OMG girl, that is gorgeous! I want one!!!!

michelle said...

this is such a great card and i'm loving the ring

Cheryl Wray said...

I love the card and the picture and the story behind it...and the whole collection looks GREAT!!!

saffiertje said...

You makesuch wonderful things on and of your card! Love this one!

Deborah said...

Beautiful card :)

Bethany E. said...

Love your card! So cool to see the pic of them all together!

suebaru said...

Love your card, they all look great on thre ring!