Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2007

DCM Dare, Embossing

Well the weather here was awful yesterday & I just didn't dare to be on the internet as we had violent electric storms! Last year someone I work with had their whole computer system blown when lightening struck the telephone wire. It completely fried the insides of the hard drives & they lost everything!!! So I sat & played with my new products & had fun, well once I'd finished work!
Here is my card for this weeks' Friday dare. Use embossing.

The papers were given me by a friend, Cat. So I have no idea who made them, all I know is they are gorgeous. I dry embossed the green background piece with flowers & butterflies using my rather "dusty" from little use, light box! I then cut circles from the same green paper & heat embossed two small flowers, stamped from the See D's tropical collection of stamps using a yellow Pretty Colour pigment ink pad, Lakeland Ltd & Heat it up Silver Pearl powder (my favourite)
The centre circle is a sunflower paper, again from Cat & all I did was use my clear embossing pen & draw roughly around the edges & centre & heat emboss using gold powder. The 3 circles were mounted first onto an offcut piece of acetate that had been alcohol inked for another project using inks, Wild Plum & Meadow. I let a bit of the embossing powder melt onto it beside the circles for a soft look.

I shall carry on playing with my inks for the rest of today as I have no Lewis to sing to me this week! I have rediscovered stamping as I never did very well before. Now the advent of clear blocks & sticky backed stamps has given my interest a new lease of life. I bought some rather expensive clock stamps today for stamping onto vellum & other beautiful things!!

16 comments:

Patsy Jackson said...

Oh this is so soft & pretty looking - very elegant! Love the paper too!

Leigh said...

lovely card Paula, that green paper is so pretty.

Lythan said...

What a delicate looking card Paul - it is gorgeous

manicstamper said...

Very pretty card Paula....love it.

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is such a pretty card Paula - love it!

Penny said...

This is so pretty and delicate!

Rachael said...

I love the colour combination and I agree with everyone else it is very pretty.
x

Dolly Mixtures said...

Very pretty card with great techniques used. Lovely.Angela

Sarah said...

Lovely card Paula, the colours are so pretty.

jo capper-sandon said...

My friends house was struck by lightening on Friday, major damage and nearly all the electrical items have blown, so you did the right thing :0)
I LOVE the colours that you've used here. Beautiful and soft.

Kathy said...

What a lovely card you've shown here, Paula

I really like the greens and yellows and the flower is so pretty

Enidan said...

wow! wonderful color combo! I love this card!

Gillian Hamilton said...

oh this is so pretty Paula, lovely, lovely work, I really love the this combo of colours..

mum on the run said...

Gorgeous card Paula!!

Angelnorth said...

Very pretty Paula - love the little spots of embossing melted onto the acetate strips -looks like dewdrops!

Gillian said...

very pretty soft piece, great embossing techniques used :)