Sunday 17 June 2007

Happy Father's Day.. and my blooper!!

Whoops!! Indeed a blooper! I thought Father's Day was another weekend away, so on Wednesday evening I had a mad panic & had to come up with a card for my dad!
Well I got one made & out first class the next morning, but I forgot to take a picture of it!!
It was hard to know what to do this year as he has no new Housemartin pictures' isn't going to Australia & nothing new on the computer front.
So Happy Father's Day, Dad anyway!! You got the card, I know.
Well here instead is another card I made yesterday using Adirondack Alcohol Inks.
I stamped the daisy design 3 times onto a luggage tag. Coloured the centres & attached it to my card front. Then using inks; Lettuce & Meadow I inked a slidemount. Once they covered well, I inked over them in Mushroom to give an earthy appearance. Then, using StazOn archival ink in Timber Brown, I stamped small fern motifs & the words flower power onto the dried inks.
Tied a piece of ribbon from someone at works' clothing (don't worry they give it to me, I don't sneak up behind with scissors!!) I wrapped it around the slide & tied on a MM trowel charm.
The greeting is stamped from a See D's set.

Thanks for the lovely comments on my ink storage tins. I need another one soon as I treated myself to another pack of colours. Today I'm playing with the brushless watercolour stamping technique, as well as my alcohol inks. I've decided my ink stamps don't bleed as lovely as some I've seen used for this & feel a tad disappointed. I have the Pretty Colour pads from Lakeland Ltd.

7 comments:

Micayla said...

What a pretty card, Paula. I love it.

Nina Grann said...

Beautiful card really like this one.

Anonymous said...

Oh Paula I feel so ashamed, I haven't been here for so long and missed out so much. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. The camera certainly is a blast. I have two now :) and I'm superhappy

Alette

Kate said...

The alcohol inks look great, I've seen them on lots of projects and want to give it a try. Perhaps if I stopped buying new papers I would have the money for some new kit, lol.

Jo said...

Gorgeous card! The flowers look beautiful :) Chuckling at imagining you wandering around sneakily trying to snip your colleagues clothes lol

jo xx

Oblibby said...

This card is fab, Paula. I'm ashamed to say my alcohol inks are still in the packet almost a year after I got them.

xoxo

Gillian said...

Oh this is really SCRUMMY Paula, love how the tag looks like it's threaded through a buckle...