Friday 1 June 2007

One Little Word - STOP!

Here is another fabulous challenge from those people over on the One Little Word blog.

I feel there is just a little something missing from this layout but none of my embellishments suited it. Some took over the page & others just didn't go with the colours. My teamies suggested ric rak,but I had none & now the glue has dried. So I have decided to go with it... as the layout suggests! The page is based on Sketchthis week 16, thanks ladies :)

Papers are BG Scarlet's letter, Letters to the world (main background piece), Walks in beauty, & the strip is Desire. Titls is the BG stickers that came with the paper collection. I drew the arrow onto black textured card. Text is typed in Broadway font.
Again, I have had problems getting a decent photograph of this page due to rubbish light & no amount of tweaking in my editing program has improved the quality much. I can't believe it really being June & all!!!

I have remembered the book page below is also broadway...knew it would come to me.
Thank You for the lovely comments about my "pants" attempt at the DCM challenge. I think I can be too critical of myself.

14 comments:

Pearl said...

lovely go Paula ! Sleep on the additional "what's missing " - given some time I'm sure you'll find or stumble upon something that ius very you to complete it further !

lovely shpae with the DCM mono card ! lol


ttfn, Pearl

Anonymous said...

thanks for the comment on my blog! I think there's nothing missing on your LO, since the photo and the journaling says it all... love the LO! i am mostly to serious so i choose an angle more "happy" - mostly because i found the photo to tell MY story. take care!

Petrina McDonald said...

This is really powerful - fantastic layout! Needs nothing added - just STOP right there :)
Petrina

Unknown said...

I love it, think it looks great just the way it is!

CarolineO said...

It's a fabulous LO, love it, think its fine the way it is!

Lynn said...

I love this Paula! Great job!

Lynn

Kandis Smith said...

Awesome Paula! I love this page!

Roos said...

ooo you also have a great layout .
thanks for leaving a note on my blog about the word GO , i also made STOP now and can wait for the next word .
what you ?

greetings Roos

Marjolein said...

Wow,this is great!! So many different ways to use the word stop!!

Gillian said...

oooooohhhhhh Paula.. this is WONDERFUL!!!!! leave it..just the way it is.... I love how you've used the white space...
Beautiful, beautiful work!!!!! :O)

Ronda Palazzari said...

Beautiful. Such a hard thing for most of us to do. I am plague with this same thing. I don't think anything is missing!

Eleni Gratsia said...

What an amazing layout!!! I think it's one of your best ever!!! :D

HeatherB said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog about my stop layout! I love doing digi layouts now...you can change everything, less planning, more action!

Your layout is great, can't believe how much work must go into planning a non-digi piece...I started this way, but little kids and scrapbook supplies just don't mix! (Although orange-juice fingerprints make a lovely embellishment for just about any layout! Maybe that is what you need...?) :-)

Anonymous said...

this layout is gorgeous! quite possibly my favorite of all I have seen you post. every element is perfect.