Tuesday 12 June 2007

Something Old, Something New...

Something Borrowed & Something Blue...this is the recipe for the mid week DCM dare.
I didn't find out until lunchtime what the dare was & I couldn't get home fast enough to create this card. I planned it in my head while printing out the jetski documents, must have been the water theme that made me pick this!!

Something Old, is the tiny ribbon slide buckle. I've hoarded the buckle for two years! (not very clear but I needed this card sideways so you could get a look at the sheen & the fact that the front has been cut off 1 inch in from the edge to show the patterned background)The edge is my hand held Carl Cutter using deckel blade.

Something New, lots of things on this card are new, from the alcohol inks on the background to the stamps & the pens I used to to colour them.

Something Borrowed, actually it is kitchen foil from my kitchen cupboard. I have used it wrapped around a piece of cereal box then I applied two colours of Adirondack Alcohol Inks by Tim Holtz, stream & slate. They give such a gorgeous rich colour together & in the two packs I have stream is my only blue.

Something Blue, well apart fro the alcohol ink the ribbon is blue. It is from a papermania pack.
The stamped design is from the See D's floral pack. I used a vase & then over stamped a rose at the foot of it. To colour them I lightly brushed my brushmarkers onto acetate & aded a tiny bit of water to give a very translucent, watercolour effect. The greeting is stamped using words from the See D's Accessories set.

15 comments:

Kathy said...

ooooh nice card Paula - and using kitchen foil with alhohol inks is def an idea worth having a go at - it makes a fabby shiny backgound.

michelle said...

love this card! i totally need to get more alcohol inks since I've now discovered how fabulous they are!

Gillian said...

OH PAULA!!!!!!
WTG you clever thing with the Alcohol inks, they looks scrummy!!!! such a beautiful card!

Pearl said...

beautiful card Paula ! gorgeous new technique with the alcohol inks !I'm might be too lazy to have go atthis dare ! lol hope you're recovering from the Lewis fallout hun !

how's work ? let me know when you wanna ! lol

ttfn, Pearl

Sarah said...

Great work with the inks! This is a lovely card.

Scripture by Design said...

I really like this one Paula! the colours are gorgeous!
Casey x

Lythan said...

I shall have to "borrow" this idea with the alcahol inks. So pretty!

Leigh said...

lovely card

Veronica said...

Love the card paula - I must get my AI out soon - I am doing everything digi at the mo, but wouldn't mind a change for a few days.

Hope you are well

V xxx

Eleni Gratsia said...

Lovely, lovely!

stamp and scrape said...

Ooh - lovely idea to try AI on foil; very effective. The colours look so vivid. Well done you!
Ros

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, love the foil as background paper

Rika said...

So wonderful!
love the background!

Dawn♥ said...

GORGEOUS card!

mum-on-the-run said...

Wow, lovely card and those inks on the foil looks amazing!!