Sunday 6 July 2008

OLW - Now

The OLW challenge this week is the word Now. I couldn't play along with the last one, Strong, as I had no suitable photos to scrap & no ink in my printer! This photo was one I had printed by photobox.
Paper, Fancy Pants Wildheart, Dreamer, Pemberley & the reverse side of Stained Stripes. Clock & Title (font she), HS. Flowers & spot ribbon, Rebecca's June blossom kit. Maya Road velvet blossom trim, cream. Swirl stamps, Hampton Art/Studio G. Fake pearls from a junk shop necklace find. Stickles, Frosted Lace.
Close up of the flowers. Not sure you can see the stickles added to the petals randomly. I also glued seed beads to the flower centres on the velvet trim.All the swirls around the photo have seed beads glued onto them too. I love sewing beads as I have masses of Mill Hill cross stitch beads but glueing them is very therapeutic too. All you need is patience a cocktail stick & good strong glue.

I am very pleased with how this page turned out. I wanted something sophisticated & ultra feminine as now I am in my forties I actually feel more of a woman. I have spent very much of my life as a bit of a tomboy. I cut the reverse of the stained stripe paper for the journal block & thought the blue back of the paper was more of a contrast & adds impact. The papers were all in the kit I purchased from Bellaboo

7 comments:

Kate said...

That's a gorgeous LO and a gorgeous photo of yourself. It turned out exacly as you wanted very feminine, just perfect!!

Eleni Gratsia said...

Amazing layout ... definitely feminine and elegant! :D

lam said...

woe this is so beautiful and elegant. I think you did a great job nd yes it´s very sophisticated & feminine .

Pearl said...

Yes definitely a sophisticated creation here , Paula !Gosh who knew you were a tomboy once ! lol Love the sweet colours & all the beaded details !


I've recently discovered the power of www.picnik.com ( I'm just too lazy to go learn Photoshop for now ! ) - it's online photo editing & have just given myself a shot in the arm with scrappin' ! I've always "worried" about my pics or lack of good ones etc .Now even with less than perfect photos I can make them look better ! lol & yet have fun editing them ! even if I never scrapped them ! So between picasa & picnik I have lots to play with !

Rika said...

What a beautiful LO Paula!

Em said...

I agree with everyone elses comments- very delicate and the colours are gorgeous. A beautiful layout :)

Marjolein said...

Wonderful layout Paula, love the soft colors in it. I have thought about it, but never realized I was running late, and had other things to do.... past deadline already:-(