Monday 25 August 2008

Bouquet

I have been watching the Olympics during my lunch hour at work & each day I would see the events & the individuals competing in each event. The design around the individual caught my eye & I roughly sketched it because I thought it would make a fab sketch for a layout. It was a series of black circles & between them were smaller circles & swirls. Sadly I don't own any BG swirls, either in stamps or rub ons as they would have worked perfectly. The papers & embellishments are from my SC Confections Kit, the painted frame is from the SC Via Airmail kit. I used my corner rounder to scallop the large circle. I was going to use the reverse side the dots but I love this floral paper far too much & so made the smallest circle dots instead. I used a gromet & punched holes with my eyelet setter & place fuchsia pink paper behind around the two smaller circles. I used Rangers Wild Plum acrylic paint to dab on the sequin waste to create the background.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this came out great! love the pinks with the kraft paper. are you totally excited for 2012!

Pearl said...

Oooo my fave kind of layout design , Paula ! lots of white space ! lol

beautiful color scheme & details !

Yes a little sad that the Olympics is over ! But it will be in London for you in 4 years ! woot ! & in your timezone ! We will only be able to catch half nicely in our time zone next time I think !

michele said...

great lo, I liked your inspiration! I shall have to open my eyes more!!lol
hugs mx

jakey said...

Paula, this is so lovely, the craft and hot pink looks amazing together. Glad works still going ok :-)
jk x