Wednesday 15 October 2008

week 33, Time ......

to Believe..

I went with a magical feel on this one as I recently got this door handle & words stamps from my SSG subscription. (See the Stamp Bug website for details) They are stamped onto some DCWV Once Upon A Time paper.
The big "D" stamp was a recent purchase after longing for it for over a year. I had made Carrie's birthday card last week & the stampbord had been alcohol inked. The felt pad had so much ink left on it that I stamped it off onto plain white paper. I then over stamped with a large script background stamp. Left to dry & then black embossed the big D stamp over the top. I set it aside for a day I might need it & I thought it appropriate for this weeks pages.
A week ago I saw all the Christmas stuff appearing in the shops & I fetl a sense of dread. After the weekend I became poorly with a very sore throat & suddenly the magic of Christmas hit me & filled me with excitement (clearly all the cold n flu stuff I've been taking) but I then thought about how it was as a child believing in fairies, pixies, goblins & Father Christmas & wanted to recapture that happy innocence in my pages.

7 comments:

Veronica said...

Hi Paula
Love these - I have the "D" as well as "V" and i love them both. Have been longing for those papers too but am trying not to spend lol.
Great pages...
Hugs

Vron xx

Marjolein said...

Beautiful!!!!! Gorgeous stamps, wonderful colors, great paperchoice!

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous pages Paula and fab colours. I hope your throat is getting better

michele said...

great LO hope you are feeling better. hugs mx

Unknown said...

Totally in love with these pages Paula ... so impressed that I also went and joined up with the Club!! :D

Audrey said...

very magical, love them

Carol Q said...

beautiful Paula. love the stamps you've used.