Tuesday 6 January 2009

On the run up to Christmas

I was very busy at work & so made very few things. I did get some much needed birthday cards done & did start a Christmas 2008 minibook. But, everyone at work is ill with one bug or another & it has been a battle trying to avoid them all. So I took a much needed break from my computer & the outside world. It was actually lovely to be cut off from everything for a few days & just enjoy the festive period of watching telly & not bothering to get dressed! I then went to Newcastle to spend a few days with my sister & brother -in-law & it was back home & straight back to work for a day. Had two days off & then back to work again on 2nd January. I feel well rested & ready to start creating again for the DT on mojoholder as we will go live again on Friday :0)
Deb's Birthday card for 18th December '08.
Martin's birthday card (BIL) for 1st January 2009
I will be back Friday. Just got to get through this week as we have huge changes at work & its stressful!!!


11 comments:

lam said...

beautiful cards. I hope you have had a peaceful christmas and and happy new year

peata said...

cool born on the first day of the new year.
making mini albums
mini album blog

joanne wardle said...

ooo I love that stripey paper, looks really masculine. great cards Paula

Marjolein said...

Good to see you back sweetie!! It's been a while, but I think you made a wise decission!!
Lovely cards you've made, and I look forward seeing your Christmas album!!

Pearl said...

Great to see you back , Paula !
everything at your own pace , own time ! ;-) No worries !

Great masculine birthday for your BIL !

You said it about cutting back on scrappy expenses this year ! - frankly the Studio Calico Kit is a very good investment & with that alone it will keep your creations looking fresh !

Nina said...

Hey, Paula dear! Just wanted to let you know I posted a little award for you on my blog. =)

Hope you're doing well.

Those cards are really gorgeous! =)

*hugs*
Nina

Andrea, said...

Beautiful cards Paula. I'm glad you had a nice and relaxing Xmas. I hope this week isn't too stressful and you manage to avoid all the horrid bugs.
Happy New Year

Rika said...

Great cards Paula.

Je@net said...

Good to see you back girl!! And you made some beautiful cards!

Micayla said...

We have all been poorly so you have done well to avoid it girlie!
We all need a break from time to time, I too dont feel like blogging or doing much at all as Emily is teething and the sleepness nights and very hard days are taking the toll now. I have been up since 5am this morning and only had a few hours sleep, so computer time is the last thing on my mind.
Loving the gorgeous cards, you have been creative. I have actually scrapped so I will have some goodies to share soon.
Take care and keep wrapped up, its so cold this week.
xx

Carol Q said...

two stamps that I am very fond of Paula (even though I don't own them). gorgeous cards!