Sunday 26 July 2009

Shared Art & Tag It On

Here are two pieces of art that I made this week for my Chrysalis forum friends.
The first piece is a matchbook for Jo.

Front Cover; Chipboard "N" covered with Rangers Crackle Glaze. Overstamped with StazOn.
Back cover; lightly gesso'd & inked in Shabby Shutters & Peeled Paint Distress inks.
The back & front is a strip of Basic Grey Urban Couture Pashmina patterned paper. It measures 11x3.5ins, scored into a matchbook.
The inside; made with Vanilla Bazill cardstock scored to make a tiny book. Pieces of the BG paper glued on the back & background papers made & cut to fit the front of each page.

Stamps; Crafty Individuals CI226 and PaperArtsy Petals plate no.4 (words)
Background papers made with Mustard Seed/Shabby Shutters/Peeled Paint Distress inks & sprayed with Interference Green Perfect Pearls. I stuck to a limited colour scheme & one plate of stamps throughout. But I had to use the second plate for the words to finish the project off.
All images stamped in Butterscotch/Meadow/Caramel & Lettuce Adirondack dye ink pads.


This second piece is for Penny.
My Angel Tag

This background was intended for another project, but once dry it wasn't quite what I was after. Later on that day, I was clearing away when this piece fell into my hands. It was the perfect size & colour for another idea that had formed in my head.
It was made with Distress inks -Dusty Concord/Broken China/Scattered Straw and a quick dab of Shabby Shutters! Spritz with Perfect Pearls Interference Blue.

Images are stamped in Adirondack Dye ink,Eggplant and the background piece is edged in Denim.
Girl image is an acetate from crafty Individuals.
Clock from Artistic stamper, "clocks & keys" plate.
Butterfly & wildflowers from the same plate above on Jo's matchbook.
Flower Scroll; ATC mini elements SSGuild.
One of my Chrysalis Forum friends advised me that this piece of art for Penny would fit the Tag it On Time Flies challenge so if they don't mind my entering this piece, I think it fits well.

14 comments:

Carol Q said...

both are gorgeous pieces of artwork Paula. great crackle effect.

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

What a wonderful suprise this was to receive, thank you so much Paula for making something that must have taken an age to make. The colours in real life are so much fresher though, especially on the cover, more so than the photo.Your tag here for Penny is also a stunner. You were certainly on a creative roll on making these- maybe you should take a week off work every month!! :0). Thankyou once again xx

Rosie said...

Such pretty artwork Paula and I love your mini-canvas shrine in the previous post! =)

lam said...

Paula this is wonderful pieces of artwork, love the soft colours on the matchbook.

Karina said...

Dear Paula, I occasionally landed on your blog and like what I see here. You do wonderful artwork! And so I will make a visit again on your place from time to time to see what's new.
Love from Switzerland,
Karina

Chris said...

Lovely artwork, Paula. Definitely worth taking the time off work.

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

Two really gorgeous creations Paula!!! Yummy details and colors on both. How fun that the perfect piece 'fell into your hands', I Love it when that happens!
The crackle certainly adds a lot of interest, especially with the colors you've chosen. Can you tell, I like these alot :)

Karin said...

Stunning artwork Paula, they both look absolutely gorgeous.

Audrey said...

Great work again Paula - I espically love the purple piece, I love the colouring, the background is fabulous, and the image works so well.

Pearl said...

o my ! these are all pure beauties , Paula ! love the colors you've used & the images !!!

Marjolein said...

Paula girl, you are amazing!! Love both of these projects!
And you are so right, the smaller pieces of art are very nice to do and finished sooner, and I so love it! The 12x12 hasn't been done here in a while, no clue why though..

joanne wardle said...

paula, you should enter the second pice for tag it on's "time flies" theme as it fits perfectly AND it's a tag.

great pieces!! especially the second piece, it's perfection!

Dragon said...

Joanne was so right, Paula... I am SO glad you have found my DragonsDream blog challenge becsuse I love this tag, and hope you will come back for more next week!!
Thanks also for your wonderful comments about my garden on DragonsWeb!! So generous
Frankie
xx

AliMayes said...

I love the colours of your angel tag and Joanne was right - it's perfect for Frankie's challenge.
Ali xx