Sunday 23 March 2014

Vintage Journey Challenge & and Art Journal Page

My first piece of art is for challenge 2

I made my background spraying various homemade sprays
mixing distress re-inker with water.
Colours used; Broken China, Peacock Feathers,
Salty Ocean, Dusty Concord.
Edges blended with Chipped Sapphire & Archival Black ink.
Corner bird stamped - Prima-  embossed black.
Tim Holtz phrase - embossed white.
Die cut clock &bookplate.
Stamped Tattered Sparrow.
Other stamps Tim Holtz background stamps.


Spring (Birds)
 This second piece of art is my 5th Art Journal Page.
This was started over a week ago.
As I visited my sister last weekend,
today was the first chance to complete the piece.
Stencilling, dry wall tape, die cut birds
& swirls. Stamped birds nest & floral sprigs
die cut words & TH Chit Chat sticker
all make up this page.
Now it is complete, I wish I had done it
quite differently! Typical that!!
Oh well, the technique in mind can wait
for the next page.

13 comments:

anne said...

These are gorgeous Paula, I especially love the colours on the first piece xx

Rosie said...

Wow, both pieces are awesome, Paula.

Have a wonderful Sunday

S@ndy Diller said...

I really like your pages - the colors are awesome. That is the great thing about a journal, you can always make it different the next time, or page. Wonderful job and thanks for your visit to my blog.

Candy C said...

Paula Jane...your piece for our challenge is really pretty. I love your home made spray colors you've used on the background. Very pretty blues and purple tones. Of course, who could not love Tim's weathered clock? Looks great in black against the vivid background colors. I also like that sentiment and the fact that you've popped it in white. Looks great! The sweet little bird sitting in Tim's label die cut and feathers is a nice touch, too. And...your art journal page....really really pretty! Thanks for sharing your art with us at A Vintage Journey. <3 Candy

Carol Q said...

I bet you're pleased with your vintage journey piece Paula - it's stunning. with the colour scheme it felt like a nightingale singing in the middle of the night. Your tree stencil on the background for your journal page looks really good too.

Words and Pictures said...

Such a sweet little birds nest you've created with the label - so clever. I love those magical colours in the background, and it's definitely one of my favourite sentiments. Thank you for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
Alison x

Anonymous said...

Both are gorgeous!

Sija said...

Wonderful pages Paula, love them both!

Claudia N. said...

Lovely art journaling, Paula!
The second page is my favourite although I like both. ;)

LOVE those birch trees in the background!

Hugs,
Claudia x

Elaine said...

Great pieces of art - love the bluey purple background on the first one!!

Karin said...

Fabulous pieces Paula, I love the colour combination that you used on the first one.

Astrid Maclean said...

Brilliant makes both of them, the colours on the card are incredible, love the depth you achieved. The journal page is gorgeous too!! And with my official hat on, thanks so much for joining us over at A Vintage Journey!!

Jenny Marples said...

You've got such a sense of depth to your background colours for the first project Paula. So dramatic and the perfect compliment to the sentiment and clock. Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x