Sunday 27 April 2014

Art For Hermine & a Mini AJ

I was recently asked by the very talented
Hermine Koster, to make a piece of
art for her project. I was sent an Art card
& then spent about two weeks trying to decide
on my theme!! France was my choice.
Here is the completed card below.
Stamps - Elusive Images
Background - Emboss resist stamp - Tim Holtz.
 

This is the card I made to accompany the little art card.
Stamps by Art Journey.
Clouds and grass are stamped using
embossing folders. Colour added for flowers
using distress markers & watercolour brush.
I also sent to her the matchbook that I recently made
as it went well with my final design.
 

 
I also sent her a blank miniature Art Journal.
Below is mine.
I am showcasing the front cover, the first spread
and the back cover today.
 

Inks used Hero Arts Shadow Inks.
Archival Black Ink.
 


Stencils are TCW and Donna Downey.
Stamps - Stampers Anonymous
Kaisercraft & Paperbag Studios.
 


This little Art Journal measures 3" square.
I made it from a piece of 140lb watercolour paper
and I created a Maze Book.
To create the two covers I copied the idea from
Tim Holtz Valentine Book 
instead of making card covers, I folded them
over to make sturdier covers. I did not bind the book with tape
I left it free flowing until it is completed.
I did seal all the pages together on my version.
I have left them open on Hermine's,
so she can make pockets if she wishes too.
Being so tiny, there are only 6 double spreads but as my
name suggests, I love minis!!!

4 comments:

Karin said...

WoW Paula, looks like you've been very busy creating lots of lovely pieces. I love how the French theme piece turned out, just perfect.

Gery said...

Saw your beautiful work at Hermine's Place and took a look on your blog.
Wow, you create gorgeous stuff.
I realy enjoyed my stay here.
Thanks.
Groetjes Gery

Carol Q said...

ooh you have been busy Paula. Lovely work for Hermine, such a pretty matchbook and a beautifully put together Art journal

Candy C said...

Paula... Your art is amazing. I love the card you made for Hermine Koster. The altered album is also very cool. I am so happy that my ATB spoke to you so much. It was such a sweet time as I was creating it. So many memories flooded my mind as I was looking through photos and deciding how to give them their perfect places on the cube. You really don't even have to have a die cut. Just create a cube in whatever size you want it to be and create your sides. I think you will truly enjoy your journey as you create each side. Have fun with it! <3 Candy