Monday 26 May 2014

Desk Tidy & Art Journal

 
This first piece of art is something
that has been sat for over 6 months half done!
You know what it is like!!!
Well I'm proud to have completed it at last.
Somewhere to put the pens!!
Constructed using Kraft  Tall card blanks.
Crown die cut border using Silhouette Cameo
Stamp - Kaisercraft
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
This next piece is my 9th art Journal page!!
Quite impressed, although I did originally set
out to make 1 page a week (insert blush)
Think I under estimated how long
these can take to create.
 

 
It is based on one of my favourite quotes
by Ralph Waldo Emerson.
The page idea came to me after a chat
with a colleague who is pregnant.
I imagined these are all the things
she wishes for her unborn son.
 
I even wrote it with my own handwriting!
Though I have to admit I hate my writing
& did it in pencil first on faint drawn lines!!
Stamps are LOTV
Stamp Bug & CI
Indigoblu &Autumn Leaves
Word strips - TH Chit Chat
title - die cut from two
alphas Moxie & Alice
Background built up of layers
paint, ink, gesso.
Stencilling & stamping.


1 comment:

Carol Q said...

well done Paula - you must be pleased you've completed those 2 projects. Just love the delicate colours of the background for your desk tidy. Your journal is also growing apace - it will be fab when it's finished.