Friday 23 May 2014

Mini Journal Entry

 
For my third spread, I used this Paperbag Studios
stamp which I recently bought.
It was a "previously loved" purchase
(or second hand to some)
I added gesso to the pages & then
stamp the images onto each side.
I then stamped them again in Versamark
black ink so I could cut out the two gentlemen.
I added brown distress inks to the newscript background
in 3 shades to add an aged look.
Then I stamped the mini harlequin on either side.
I also added a few swirly bits along the edging.
Finally I stuck my men over the top of the
original images & added the Xcut - cogs
die cut from black card with a spinner.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I wanted to play with ink & paper
but had no clear idea in my mind other
than I had two cards to make.
In the end, this was not used for either!
This is just a "sparesy" hanging around
until needed. 
I wanted lots of layers.


 
I made the postcard from a scrap of watercolour paper
& a Papermania stamp along with sequin waste & my
newest Shadow Inks by Hero Arts;
Raspberry Jam and Green Hills...
Yummy! Are they just the most edible colours.
I used other Papermania stamps,
Madame Payraud paper, swirl die cuts
& the stamp is another "Previously loved"
purchase I made.
I also used a Hero Arts definition stamp.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
and finally...
some of you may wonder where I have been craft wise.
Ive made a commissioned wedding card,
which I can not share with you until 21st June.
A leaving/new job card which I can not share until
next Friday and a birthday card I can not share
with you until next Sunday!! 
I have an 8x8 scrap layout almost complete.
I have an art journal page which is half done
& a few projects in the pipe line..


3 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

My goodness you've been busy! Love both the mini book and the card, which have completely different feels to them. Jenny x

Carol Q said...

you've been having fun Paula. great journal pages and I really love the way you've built up all the layers on your second piece.

lam said...

what a beautiful work Paula, love what you are doing whit your book