Sunday 11 May 2014

Vintage Journey - Fond Memories

I tried to think of just one but had far too many.
So, I decided to make a photo frame.
This way I can change the memory!!
It took a week to make and dry!
The piece is made from some grey board off the back of a pad.
Covered in Tim Holtz French Industry paper.
Stamps are Tim's new Bird Feather.
Trellis - Tim's Frameworks die
Frame made from corrugated cardboard
Book Label - Fond Memories
Tim's tag & labels die with Anita's gloss
Leaves - PoppyStamp dies.
 
It wasn't very easy to photograph
so I took a couple of shots.
The side view shot shows the dimension
of the leaves around the nest
I chose to stamp in the picture
area so that it remains a
decorative piece even
when empty.
This view is of the frame including a photo
a very favourite memory
La Marchaderie, Limousin
France 2011
A place I went twice with my sister, Tracy.
She has this photo framed & on her bedroom windowsill

I feel I may need to make a matching
frame with a Landscape frame opening!
-----------------------
 
Finally, I have my Art Journal page to share.
It was supposed to be ready last week,
however an incident with a jar of water
meant a few days further pressed under a book!!!
It didn't quite translate to paper as well
as the image in my head. I wanted the page to
be fairly plain with an explosion of colour
but it looked wrong that way.
The main image is Juliet - Indigoblu stamp
but, I have masked the image
to make the hair fuller.
I have punched mini butterflies to glue
in the hair as it accentuated the ones in the stamping.
I also used my new Memory Box Delphiniums stencil
to add height & interest to the wild garden below her.
The colours were all re-inker sprays.
 
 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

It's a beautiful frame Paula, I loved all the stamps and the die-cut. And your art journal spread is great, loved that color combo!

Carol Q said...

a couple of fabulous and different creations Paula. love the way the bird is looking towards your photo and the colour and butterflies on your journal page are just gorgeous!

Valerie-Jael said...

Your entry for Vintage Journey is beautiful, love the dimension you have brought in. Glad you managed to save your art-journal page, I know the effect of water and/or coffee on paintings! Hugs, Valerie

Zuzu's Blog said...

what a clever idea to make a frame so you can update the memories as you see fit. it looks great with the photo in place too.
your journal page is gorgeous. wonderful colours and movement on it.
thanks for commenting on my blog. it helps me know to come and look :)

Scrapintheattic.com said...

Hi I love the frame, how clever making it part of a scene. I liked the feather stamp inside the frame. The bird fits really well with the photo, it looks typically French. Jan x

Terry said...

I love the idea of being able to change the memory, so clever! What a beautiful creation and lovely event to share! Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey!

Words and Pictures said...

Beautiful frame - and how lovely to be able to have a fresh supply of memories passing through! Thanks for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
Alison x

Almo said...

Love the thought gone into your memory frame Paula. The corrugated frame looks great, and I like the option to change the memory photo or just enjoy the background. Mo x