Sunday 15 June 2014

Father's Day Card

Happy Father's Day, Dad!!
I made this card for him using my
newest set of Tim Holtz stamps.
 

To make the background, I cut a square slightly smaller
than the card front and applied home made texture paste
through a Crafter's Workshop Harlequin stencil.
I made my own texture paste after watching this brilliant
video on You Tube by Leanne



Once my paste was dry (I left it over the day while out at work)
I then sprayed with re-inkers diluted in a little water.
I used Gathered Twigs/Wild Honey dried it and then
sprayed with more Gathered Twigs and Fired Brick,
leaving the bottom left texture free for so I could
stamp the nest and feather.
Both birds and eggs were stamped, coloured using
distress inks and cut out. I used my favourite shades of
Hero Arts shadow inks to stamp the eggs;
Soft Sand & Wet Cement, edging with a little
Cup O'Joe to darken the speckled areas.
I applied a little bit of Viva Décor Ferro in Amber Gold
using my fingers to some of the raised harlequins.
This provided a little more texture and shine.
All the cut outs were added on foam.
I added a slight side view so you can perhaps
get a better view of the dimension.
 

3 comments:

Carol Q said...

gorgeous Paula. Lovely background texture and colour

Karin said...

Beautiful card Paula, using my favourite stamps. :-)
I'm sure your father will love it.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!