Monday 24 November 2014

Art Journal - Quirky World

Beware! Very bright colours!!!
I am VERY happy with this one.
I had a plan for Psychedelic but it wound up Quirky. 
Mind you it did begin as a happy accident.
I was testing out a new Joggles stencil - Swirls
on the inside covers of the journal and ended up with
rather a lot of juicy ink left on the stencil.
So not wishing to waste any I flipped it and this was
the resulting print ( Dylusions Pomegranate seed)
 
 
My background was then built up using
Dylusions Luscious Leaves stencil
with distress inks, Squeezed Lemonade
and Wild Honey for funky checks.
Forest Moss & Mowed Lawn distress paint
for the upward leaves.
Shabby Shutters distress ink for rays at the bottom.
Sponged Seedless Preserves across the top.
Forest Moss paint for the hanging
leaves (Dylusions Leaf Flourish Stencil)
The word blocks were created on my computer
using my Cameo Silhouette Studio software;
Font - Billo
then printed onto regular card stock.
My figure was made up of collage images
from a set purchased on Etsy;
Crazy Paper Dolls - by Cemerony.
Thank you for looking.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Paula I loved the colours, I don't find them to bright, I think they are just the perfect combo!

Anonymous said...

Love all your art journal pages, they are absolultey gorgeous

Julia said...

So lovely and creative !!!