Saturday 14 March 2015

New Home Card & Address Kit


My sister & her hubby were forced to move to a new
rental home at the end of February.
The cost of renting is spiralling out of
control and when it gets too expensive
we have to look around and move somewhere cheaper.
Moving is stressful and so I sent them a bright
card to cheer them up and I also made
a mini "New Address" kit.
 
First the card.

 
Front of the kit
 
Back of the kit

 
Inside the kit
 
Each card is a single piece of card with an
address sticker on the reverse.
I made 12 cards. I included a book of 12 stamps
& added the extra labels. I forgot to take a photo
of the kit closed with the belly band shown above it.
The typewriters were coloured with Silk Acrylic Glazes.
Covers made with distress ink & gesso,
Tim Holtz Papillon stamp.
Other stamps & supplies;
 free magazine stamps,
Papermania bird house stamps
Inktense Watercolour pencils.


3 comments:

Carol Q said...

that's lovely Paula. I should think they really appreciated your thoughtfulness.

Karin said...

Love your cheerful new home card Paula, and what a lovely gift, I'm sure they really were please to receive them both.

penibear said...

Lovely idea, very inspiring!