Pages

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy Birthday, Sis!!



Today is my sister, Tracy's birthday.

My cat, Thomas was also born this day, he would have been 17 if he were still with me.

I had real fun making this card & didn't really want to give it away when complete!!

I used alcohol inks on the frame. The iris is stamped using the brushless watercolour tehnique onto artists watercolour paper.

Everything was inked within an inch of its life & collaged together. I used an inked ghost heart, my favourite tiny gingham bow & cute letters in shades of purple.

I've been busy making things but everything is in stages of completion. From sketched & materials selected to almost done!!! Some I can't share & some are preparations for my team CJ. I am also doing a 10 wk project about work but haven't got anything other tha ideas down.

I haven't done the DCM mid week dare this week as it just didn't appeal to me. I struggled enough with the last one. I didn't do the One Little Word either as nothing came together in my head & I was too busy preparing for my bosses retirement.

6 comments:

Sylvia said...

Great card! Love the soft colours!

LisaBabe said...

Lovely card, Paula - adore purples.

Lisa xoxo

Eleni said...

Lovely card Paula ... happy Birthday for your sis's birthday!!!

Kathy said...

Bet she loved this card Paula.
the midweek DCM is a tricky one this time - you can blame Lythan for it!

I think maybe you'll like the new main dare we have lined up for tomorrow though ;-)

ஐ*Beatriz Jennings*ஐ said...

beautiful!!!!

Ronda P. said...

it is a really beautiful card. I can understand not wanting to give it away!