Sunday, 26 February 2012
Friday, 24 February 2012
Sunday, 19 February 2012
The background took me 2 days to complete as I did not have acrylic paint in my chosen colours and had to use several layers of distress ink re - inkers; Shabby Shutters, Broken China, Chipped Sapphire. Once I had the depth of colour I required, I set about stamping paint circles in white with a bottle top & through sequin waste. Gold highlights were added with Smooch. The stars (Jo Capper-Sandon image & free cover stamp with Craft Stamper October 2011) were stamped onto tissue & glued on with Golden matt gel medium. The vintage children were printed first onto copy paper. I then cut small squares of canvas from a roll & adhered over the images with double sided tape before running back through my printer. This eliminate wastage of the canvas & helped stop it curling in the printer. I had no sticky backed left! Once dry I cut them with a nestability die.
The ribbon charm was made folding 3 colours of 3mm ribbon & adding an end fastener. I made a bead dangle by threading co-ordinating beads onto a siver head pin. The words were found on the internet & computer generated onto white strips of copy paper. I used my Big Bite to punch holes through the canvas top and the hanging wired was bent round the holes.
I am very proud of this & it was hard to keep it quiet as I made it last month.
Sunday, 12 February 2012
I have made this card this weekend quite quickly because it is my beautician, Hayley's birthday tomorrow and I have been so busy at work I didn't realise it had got to that time already. We work 21 days in advance at work which helps matters even less! I also noticed that my design fitted the current theme of Texture at The Stampman so hope they like it too.
The papers are Birdsong & I have embossed using the new tri boss folder by Papermania Heart Attack. It looks much better in real life than the picture depicts giving subtle texture to a gorgeous piece of paper. The image is by PaperArtsy. Label is die cut using new Die-licious labels dies from Papermania. To give a touch more texture I punched black card with Xcut Flower Doily. I am slightly obsessed with texture at the moment & use embossing folders where ever I can!!! You might have noticed looking at all the designs I made this year so far!!! The image is cut with the Nestabilities Lacey circle die. Edges of paper inked with Victorian Velvet Distress ink.
Thursday, 2 February 2012
As I said in my post on 27th January, Pauline has got herself a new job. So I made this card to send my Congratulations. It is just a kraft blank with script inked down the side. I inked some white card with Pumice Stone & Victorian Velvet distress inks which I mixed into bottles & sprayed. Once dry I stamped with various Urban stamps & punched out squares.