Saturday, 28 June 2014

Art Journal - Friendship

This is my 10th Journal page.
I am VERY happy with this one!
I was inspired (as I most often am)
I fell in love with this colour palette
after watching this video.
I modified the reduction technique
& even added some 3D swirls using gesso.
Stamps - Art Journey & Craft Individuals.
Words -Tim Holtz Chit Chat Stickers
Quote in circle - Friendship plate - ISC
My paint colours are rose & turquoise acrylic
with degrees of white mixed in .
I added TH Seedless Preserves Distress paint
some Artistes Baby Blue paint
Pitt Artists black pens in 4 sizes.
FRIENDS - Alice alpha die X-cut.
Circles drawn around die cut card shapes.
Inka Gold in Turquoise.
Copic markers in flesh tones
Distress markers for girls clothing.

Sunday, 22 June 2014

More Wedding Card Photos

Following on from the post yesterday,
here are two far better photos of the Wedding Card.
Detailed Front

In the box

Saturday, 21 June 2014

A Commissioned Wedding Card

I was asked by a colleague, Lorraine
to make a wedding card for 21st June 2014
for her relatives, Lewis & Rachel.
Here is a photo of the box lid that I made for the card
to be kept in after the big day is over.

Here are a few shots of the card.
I made it to resemble a book
and I am VERY happy with the finished piece.

Lorraine was delighted with it! I was pleased about that!!
I did take a photo of it in the box,
think it must be on my phone.
Materials used;
Tim Holtz hearts dies
& butterfly dies
Silhouette Cameo die cut machine
Martha Stewart Cherry punch
Prima papers

Sunday, 15 June 2014

Father's Day Card

Happy Father's Day, Dad!!
I made this card for him using my
newest set of Tim Holtz stamps.

To make the background, I cut a square slightly smaller
than the card front and applied home made texture paste
through a Crafter's Workshop Harlequin stencil.
I made my own texture paste after watching this brilliant
video on You Tube by Leanne

Once my paste was dry (I left it over the day while out at work)
I then sprayed with re-inkers diluted in a little water.
I used Gathered Twigs/Wild Honey dried it and then
sprayed with more Gathered Twigs and Fired Brick,
leaving the bottom left texture free for so I could
stamp the nest and feather.
Both birds and eggs were stamped, coloured using
distress inks and cut out. I used my favourite shades of
Hero Arts shadow inks to stamp the eggs;
Soft Sand & Wet Cement, edging with a little
Cup O'Joe to darken the speckled areas.
I applied a little bit of Viva D├ęcor Ferro in Amber Gold
using my fingers to some of the raised harlequins.
This provided a little more texture and shine.
All the cut outs were added on foam.
I added a slight side view so you can perhaps
get a better view of the dimension.