Wednesday 17 October 2007

DCM -SLE & Arty Girlz

Santa's Little Extra this week is O' Christmas Tree! So I made two. I spent an hour playing with Distressed Gesso Backgrounds. Taking old book pages & covering with gesso, then inking & blending & re applying the gesso & ink until the colour etc is achieved. I made 3 different ones & picked the green for my two tree cards. Large tree stamp, Inkadinkado. Small tree, Hampton Art/Dovecraft. Swirls are Design Objectives. Other stamps are from these 3 companies.


The Arty girlz challenge this week is Stitches! Well my machine is still broken & I can' afford to fix it so I had to draw some faux ones. Papers are leftovers from a paper kit, Papermania. Chipboard flower is sponged with yelow acrylic paint & then over inked with blue pigment ink. Flower stamped onto it using Brilliance Moonlight White. Centre filled with white glass beads & 3D gloss. Each small stamped flower also has a bead centre. Floral stamps, See D's. Scroll stamp, Design Objectives also stamped in Moonlight White.



20 comments:

Natty said...

Great cards Paula, love the middle one especially. :o)

loublou said...

Very nice cards indeed xx
thanks for coming by my blog xxx

i just gave you a award please go check out my blog for details xx lou

Crissi Harvey said...

fantastic card paula love the stiching and he colours are fab.
Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenges and sharing your work.
crissi xx

Anonymous said...

Wow gorgeous. Absolutly great.

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fab cards love the idea of what you did with the background papers,very clever ,Dawnx

Andrea, said...

3 great cards Paula, love the faux stitching it looks fab. I doodle or do faux stitching on most of my cards and I think after your warning about sewing machines I will continue to do so as I really don't want to break my machine. Hope you are feeling a little better and enjoying your time off work.

Anonymous said...

They're gorgeous cards Paula.:)

Dolly Mixtures said...

Fake stitches are great- much less hassle than lugging out the sewing machine every time!. Great cards.

Rainbow Lady said...

Love the trees and the stitches Paula. Well done.
Love Cynthia x

Kathy said...

Wow Paula, you've certainly got your mojo back! great cards with trees on and loads more to see besides.

I guess you're feeling better then!

Leann said...

all so lovely!

Jeannette said...

Love your Tree's Paula, and sorry but you've got another award!

Rika said...

These are all great Paula!

Deb said...

Love your backgrounds for your trees, beautiful cards!

Anonymous said...

you organised people who are already making xmas cards scare me!!! I have so not even thought about that yet! "sigh". Love your cards Paula!!

Risa said...

Very nice cards Paula!
malieta:)

michelle said...

love your cards, I can't believe Christmas is right around the corner. Love the faux stitching, too.

Marlou McAlees said...

excellent cards Paula!! :)

Anne said...

Lovely cards, Paula, you've been very busy!

Crafty Green Poet said...

beautiful cards, very stylish