Friday 9 January 2009

Welcome Back Mojoholder

This week's see's the return of Mojoholder after our Christmas break. I have missed creating my weekly DT pages. This is challenge #93. See the sketch & the rest of the design team's versions on mojoholders blog We selected a piece by Becky Novacek. Now you will probably think my design looks nothing like the original but that is all part of ScrapLifting. Taking an idea & working your own magic with your supplies. I was so inspired by the shapes & colours so I wanted a pretty girlie page. The problem with this decision was I had no pretty girlies to scrap... enter teamie Pauline with two adorably gorgeous daughters, Hayley & Iona. I added soft focus to the photo so it drew the eye directly to there smiling faces.
Once the page was together in rough I attached it to the front of a 25cm square deep canvas because I thought it would make Pauline & her family a nice gift. Materials list is below.

Bazzill Basics card, Mauve Ice cut into a semi circle. Paper & heart is Pink Paislee, Office Lingo, Lunch Hour & die cut. Embellishments; K&Co Amy Butler Ephemera, Fabric brad & floral butterfly. Melissa Frances Lace. Basic Grey, Sultry Chipboard swirl. American Crafts, Flair Friends adhesive badge, Cute. Blossoms mix from Prima & Dunhelm. Versamagic Chalk ink Pink Petunia. Papermania flat back pearls. Silver photo corner, unknown supplier. I am quite pleased with this piece & it was hard to part with.

9 comments:

joanne wardle said...

what a wonderful Idea to make it a canvas, and it's so gorgeous, I love the embellishments

jakey said...

It's great to be back Paula! And I love your canvas, what a gorge pressie for your friend :-)

jk x

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous in real life and the girls are thrilled with it. It's up on the wall and they keep commenting on it!

michele said...

Gorgeous LO and cute girls! I have neices but few nice photos of them to scrap (mum's not keen)..sigh..maybe i should have another try for a girl?
lovely idea to attach it to a canvas and give as a gift.
hugs mx

lam said...

that is so gorgeous, love all the little detils

Fiona said...

This is gorgeous - no wonder your friend is thrilled

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

This is really fabulous Paula. LOVE the composition and embellishments. What adorable faces too...a great idea to give as a pressie.

Marjolein said...

Wonderful page Paula,and what a great idea to make it into a canvas,very nice gift!

Pearl said...

Such sweet girlies ! I'm sure it will be a well received gift !