Friday 16 January 2009

Mojoholder Week #94

We are back again this week over on mojoholder blog with the fresh clean lines of this Sarah Klemish page. I like how simple the design looked & how easy it could be dressed up if the need required.

I am on a mission this year to get a lot of my old stuff used up because everytime I buy something new or receive my kit, the old get pushed further to the bottom of the paper storage boxes. I have brand new kits untouched so thought that each time that I do use some old stuff, I can then use new.

Santa brought me some very nice pretties, but I stuck to my guns for this layout below.



Supply list; Paper, Yesteryear's, Homemade by Stampit Australia & Ephemera Backgrounds by Paper Pizazz. 2 pewter photo turns & brads, Papermania. Maya Road chipboard border, fence. BG Mod Rub ons. Hambly cardstock journalling sticker. American Crafts, Cream Soda Thickers. Rebecca Sower Typewriter Alphas. Slick Writer for journalling.

The chicken photo was taken at my sister's at Christmas. Her free range eggs are so yummy that I thought this baking paper was ideal for the picture. The ephemera background paper looks a lot like a shed or barn wall.

8 comments:

lam said...

oh this is beautiful Paula. I love the colours. great mission you have and I hav ethe same, to use all that old stuff,so we can make room for the new

Marjolein said...

Nice layout Paula, the paper goes great with the chickens!
And you are so right, we keep buying new stash, but the old ones....... I've got the same problem, but keep on buying too!!

jakey said...

I've been on that mission awhile now girl, and though I still have my scraproom kit - that's the only one. I rarely buy anything anymore... just maybe a punch or something. We have loads of lovely stuff in our stash pile - lets use it!

jkx

Micayla said...

Loving that chicken layout, Paula.
I soooooo need to stop buying stash and use what I have. I swear I could cover all the walls in my house in 12x12 and embellish each piece of paper! Oh bugger just brought a load of new stash too!!

Rika said...

This is a beautiful LA Paula!
we have a free range too. :)

Pearl said...

That background paper is just darling , Paula ! Perfect for your pic ! lol .

I just discovered I have a tonne of animal pictures on hand to scrap too ! ;-)

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Happy New Year, a little late! I have only just gotten over the Christmas rush and the computer problems I have had for the past few weeks so am finally visiting everyone again :)

I agree we should use up our stash - I also have new kits sitting untouched while the old ones, half gone, clog up the storage - and it's at a premium around here!!

LOVE the chicken LO - it makes me feel all peaceful :) Hugs!

Karin said...

Oh wow, this is something else. I love the layout of this page and the element you've used. Truly fab and well worth using up some of the old. :o)