Do you ever sketch an idea, select the materials you want to use, then promptly forget all about it?
Well that is what happened to this piece of art!!
As usual, the finished piece has no resemblance to the idea in my head,
but for once, I'm glad because it turned out better.
I made a background first using wrinkle free distress.
I cut tiles from chipboard & glued pieces of b/ground on.
While it was all drying, I stamped the PB Studio gate stamp onto acetate.
I used this image to line up where I would need to stamp the PA House.
I built up the layers & held them altogether with the staple in the home definition.
I sneaked a bit if glue under there too.
The holes punched at the bottom also help to keep it together.
Distress inks; Antique Linen/Faded Jeans
Vintage Photo/Aged Mahogany
Stamps: Paperbag Studio & PaperArtsy.
Roof coloured with A Linen & V. Photo.
Home - TH Die Typeset.
I like the effect of the house behind the gate.
I added a bit of extra colour with cotton buds to the house image.