Sunday 7 June 2015

Art Journal & Cards

First up is my third art journal entry.
This has taken many weeks to complete.
Firstly because I am working on wedding invitations
for friends and secondly because I wanted a
really worn background.
The background is designed to look like very shabby walls
with old peeling paper.
I used the peeled paint technique using Vaseline
layers of paint, followed by more Vaseline
& more paint. I think in total I applied about
9 layers until I was happy!
I used some free paper that came in a craft mag
a few years ago. It is gorgeous roses by Raspberry Road.
I wanted that to be in the very background and built my "peeled"
layers over the top.
I also added a bit of tinted texture paste
to give the walls a crumbling look.
To finish I added the roses but I feel they
do not do the piece justice. I have not got them aged
enough despite 6 coats of white paint to tone down
the colours!!
The quote reads;
It was June and the world smelled of roses.
The sunshine was like powdered gold
over the grassy hillside.
by Maud Hart Lovelace - 1892 - 1980
 Other Materials used;
French Book text
Dylusions Paints;
Bubblegum Pink & White Linen
Fresh Lime.
Waltzing Mouse Stamps - (previously loved)
Gelatos in green & pink for roses.
------------------

Next are two cards that were "lost"
I took the photos prior to going to stay
with my sister for Easter.
When I got home I could not find them anywhere.
It then became apparent they were on the camera
& not on the SD Card in the camera.
After a few weeks of searching for the cable
(been so busy with wedding invites in between)
I finally got my photos!



 This features my two favourite rabbits - Alice Palace
Background stamped with a previously loved
script stamp and then finger painted with
Tim Holtz distress paint;
Peacock Feathers, Squeezed Lemonade
& Mermaid Lagoon.
Stencilled with TH Blossom and picket fence.
Rabbits coloured Antique Linen & Sq. Lemonade
with touches of Wild Honey
& a touch of clear Wink of Stella.
Finally, I splashed the card
with Heidi Swapp Gold Colour shine.
-------------------------------
This final card is a free stamp set
with a magazine & a touch of water colouring
using my Derwent Inktense Pencils.
 


1 comment:

Rika said...

Stunning projects!