Friday 14 March 2014

Art Journal - Time

This was meant to be page one!
However I just wasn't happy with it,
re-created it and now it has ended up page 4.
In my first version, I coloured the faces of each clock & they just lost all definition
& meaning because of course they are the important elements.
Also the Da Vinci style wings (free cover stamp CS)
turned out far better in this version.
Finally, the original version was wild honey,
I much prefer this purple/blue colour!!!
 
 
My background was created by making up my own distress ink mists.
I used re-inkers - Chipped Sapphire & Dusty Concord (with perfect pearls)
You won't be able to see the pearls,
but I added a bit of interference blue to the purple mix.
Clock faces are white gesso & then stamped
with my Heidi Swapp clear stamp set.
Lady Time as I like to call her is PaperArtsy.
I used Tim Holtz weathered clock
plus some free cover stamps from CS
journal strips computer generated.
 
Thanks for looking hope you like it!

6 comments:

Kazkrafts said...

That's gorgeous Paula!!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous page! Love all the flying clocks...so symbolic! Gorgeous purple tones too! Your journal will be wonderful when finished!

Carol Q said...

that looks wonderful Paula! I love the way you've hung your clocks

lam said...

this is so beautiful Paula

Sija said...

Fabulous page, love the images and colors!

Jenny Marples said...

What a great page Paula. Love the idea of using those wings. Jenny x