Wednesday 19 March 2014

Painted Tea Cup & Cabbage Rose Flower

It's my birthday today & so I have had
the luxury of a craft day at home!
I had been away to my sister for a long weekend
& didn't see the point in returning to work just yet!!
 
A while ago I bought a china white cup & saucer
& made a start painting it.
I used Artiste Pearl Acrylic paints & pearl medium to
create this gorgeous blue/green shade.
 
 
My next issue was, what to put in it!
So, it sat on the shelf empty for a month or ten!!!
Then, a couple of days ago, while watching a friends You Tube Channel,
I came upon this cabbage rose tutorial by this very
crafty lady, Lee (crafty loops)
Sadly my rose is not as gorgeous as Lee's but it is my first attempt!


2 comments:

Carol Q said...

I think it looks fab Paula. Bet that took a while to make. Love the paint finish on your cup and saucer.

anne said...

Looks gorgeous Paula
Seems like a good use of a birthday to me xx