Sunday 7 December 2008

Things Are Looking Festive....

around here!! I made this mini banner to dress my mantlepiece. The fire no longer works as the chimney is unsafe & too expensive to repair so the gas fire had to be capped off to prevent Carbon Monoxide fumes entering the flat. I begged my landlord to leave it in because it makes a nice focal point for the room & takes the eyes off the manky wallpaper! I painted this fireplace as it was brown & red!!!! The decoration at the bottom is my Instant Xmas. Many of you will remember how I made it from a cheese box two years ago. I love to light my candles & turn all the lights off.


8 comments:

lam said...

wow it looks so beautiful

joanne wardle said...

wonderful paula, really does look festive. and lol @ the cheese box! fab idea!

Marjolein said...

Oh wow, you've got a mantlepiece..... love it!! Looks great in white, and I bet it looks very nice when you turn off the lights at night! I don't remember the Instant Xmas, don't think I "knew" you 2 years ago, but it looks great!

Carol Q said...

the fireplace looks lovely Paula. must make you feel very Christmassy!

Micayla said...

Love the banner, I finally got mine finished this year, woo hoo!
I too have to live with manky wallpaper downstairs, but hey as long as you have made it home, it does not matter.
xx

Jacqueline said...

That looks really nice Paula - wishing you a wonderful Christmas!!

Pearl said...

Love the red & green ! very cheery decorations !

Here's hoping your Christmas will be a merry one, Paula !

Je@net said...

Ooooh, love it Paula! Looks like a very cozy place and you made a beautiful banner!