Tuesday 24 November 2015

Two Birthdays

I had two birthdays with a couple of days
of each other & a new background idea,
that I really wanted to try.
Result, two cards but different colours & images.
Both cards feature an image personal to the recipient.
 
First up, my card for Karin, featuring
one of her gorgeous photos from Iceland.
The colours on the card were selected to match
the blue in the photo.
 

Next up, my friend (& old work buddy) Kate.
With this one, I went with pink to match her
Labrador's tongue.
I always think of two things when I look at this photo.
First it reminds me of the test screen on television
of years gone by & second I wonder if Skye is in
fact blowing bubbles with some gum!!
 

 
Both card began the same, 2 squares of 140lb
watercolour paper and gesso added randomly.
Book text paper from a purpose bought cheap dictionary
added & then one card spritzed with Blue Magicals;
TiffanyLou's Blue
& the other Pink Magicals:
Cotton Candy Pink.
(Both from  LSG Sweet Treats set)
While the Magicals were still wet, I added Brusho,
Ost Blue to the Blue card & Rose Brusho on the pink one.
Both were well dried and then Golden Light Molding Paste
was put through a Tim Holtz Stencil, Blossom.
I love how the paste draws up some of the colour in random places.
I dragged Gold Drawing Ink over some sections.
Brusho & Drawing Ink both by Colourcraft Ltd.
Photos were die cut using the Maggie Holmes Polaroid die.
Birthday - Tim Holtz Thinlits Script.
 
Sadly the photograph does not show the glimmer
made by the magical sprays.
 


No comments: