Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Wednesday Stamper - Open Theme

I'm hoping everyone has had a wonderful Christmas & Boxing Day. I had lunch with my best friend from work, & her partner, yesterday & today, cooked myself a beef joint & all the trimmings. I have been crafting all day trying to complete a mazebook for someone else for a birthday on 2nd Jan. I have the TMTA to do & saw that this weeks' Wednesday Stamper was an open theme. So I will share this that I made earlier in the month.
Below are three pictures of a mazebook I made for my very dear friend, Joy for her Christmas gift. I wanted her to have something handcrafted & pretty. Something just for her. Normally people end up with practical presents or edible presents or smellies. So I made a minature stamping delight of Little girls & Butterflies.
For anyone who would like to see pictures of the full book, I have put a slide show over on my Gallery blog, the link is in the sidebar.



Santa came & brought me a Bind It All, which is not out of the box yet. I have to complete a few projects first before beginning something new!!
This post is edited as I forgot to list the materials I used!!
Covers are Dovecraft designer paper, main book made with one sheet of doublesided new papermania sheet, Lilac Dragonfly. Stamps, Crafty Individuals (naturally), One from Stampshappen & Design Objectives corner stamps. Also used some rose printed vellum for some of the quotes.

28 comments:

kreativgeschwafel said...

wonderful peace of art!

Willy said...

This book looks great, Paula!

Andrea, said...

Hi Paula. Glad you had a good Christmas and what a fab pressie the Bind It All, can't wait to see what you make with it. I'm planning on making a few more books this year. I've just had a look at the slideshow of your book, it's wonderful I bet your friend was thrilled with it. I love the papers you have used they are such pretty colours

herminesplace said...

Fabulous booklet. Happy newyear to you and yours Paula.

ArtKat said...

Sweet book with wonderful colors and images! You must have a lot of will power, to wait to try out Santa's gift! Happy Holidays! :)

michelle said...

Love this book! And let me know how the bind it all works out for you cause it is on my list!

EllePiggo said...

Its a fab book Paula.:) I bet your friend loves it. And well done on getting the BIA. :)
Happy New Year.
Vanessa.

Barbara said...

wonderful Paula, I am sure it will be well received. Happy New Year.

Stempelchaotin said...

Oh wow, what for a work. Wonderful piece. Brilliant.

Kelly said...

lovely book!

Godelieve said...

Really beautiful project! Love all the pages. Lucky friend!

Jacqueline's Craft Nest said...

Certainly is a stamping delight! Wonderful project and give-away Paula!!

DymphieM said...

I adore mazebooks :) Yours is wonderful!!!

Silvia said...

What a wonderful hand-crafted present, your friend is lucky :-) Glad to read, that you've had wonderful Christmas days. My Bind It All is still in the box, too... since 2 months...
I wish you a Happy New Year.

Claudette said...

beautiful piece of work...

Tania said...

Waw Paula, what a masterpiece! You friend is very lucky with such a beautiful present. Have a creative 2008!

Angelina said...

Oh my!!! Paula.. this is just wonderful! Love the purple. Wish you a verry happy and healthy 2008!

Viola said...

Fabulous book, Paula! Happy New Year!

Myriame said...

Great work, this is really wonderful.
Wish you a verry happy New Year and a creative 2008

Marjolein said...

Beautiful gift Paula, looks so nice!! I guess she was very happy with it!

Deguline said...

Wonderful gift!!! Happy new year!

bastelkueken said...

The Book looks great and I love the colour

Jeri Aaron said...

Woo hoo - a Bind-It-All - you will love this tool! Wonderful book!!

leann said...

i love this!!!!!

{very jealous of your christmas pressie by the way! i NEED a bind it all...}

Annchen said...

oh Paula, this is so amazing ... wonderful book!

Tanya said...

Beautiful book Paula!! Such a wonderful present!!
Happy New Year to you!

Barbara Hagerty said...

What a beautiful book! Your friend is so fortunate to have you as a friend! I took a peek and love all the photos of your work! Happy 2008!

Night Owl Designs said...

What a great book!