Wednesday 5 September 2007

DCM extra -Soft & WS - Mulberry/Handmade paper

The DCM little extra was to use something soft on your card. Well I have used a lot of fibre of late so it was time for something different. The card didn't make it here this morning as it was too dark by the time I had got it finished. I had to sit & knit the three flowers first, which took until bedtime!
Papers are K&Co, Somerset. Large eyelets papermania. Leaves, Lakeland Ltd.
I left it greeting -less as some people like them completely blank.
Below is my card for the Wednesday Stamper.

We had to use mulberry/handmade papers & of course a stamp. I found this image courtesy of Vintage Resources a while back & wanted to create something heavenly for them. I think I have achieved this with the blue & pink textured paper & the gorgeous cream with gold pieces mulberry. I used gold metallic paint to stamp the star lightly so it didn't domiant the design & added smaller ones behind. To finish off I used a small cut out flower from my last DCM project.

34 comments:

Rika said...

Thes are both beautiful, I really love your homemade flowers !!

Hermine said...

Beautiful!

Je@net said...

Love the flowers Paula, must have been a lot of work!

Anonymous said...

Oh what for a beautiful Card. Nice.

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

wow! lovely creations! :)

Pink Blossom Creations said...

wow wow those flowers are fab
caroline x

K said...

beautiful!

Dymphie said...

Both are very pretty cards :)

Hazel said...

I love the knitted flowers, Paula - such a good idea

Sadie said...

WOW - you knitted those yourself, you are very talented.
Defo worth extra bonus points

Fiona said...

Wow - I can't knit for toffee. What a beautiful card.

Sarah said...

beautiful Cards Paula

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful card!

Kathy said...

Oh wow aren't you clever to knit the flowers - I wouldn't know where to start

Anonymous said...

I am in awe. Hand knitted flowers. Stunning. I am really drawn to the card with the angels on, theres a surprise :-). Lovely cards both of them Paula.

Petra Tillmann said...

Very beautiful Paula!

Marlou McAlees said...

these are gorgeous Paula, the little flowers so, cute!! x

Deb said...

Well done knitting those flowers, they are gorgeous, lovely card! Your Wednesday Stamper card is lovely too, very sweet!

Marjolein said...

What a gorgeous cards you have made Paula, love the flowers... how can you get so patient... Great work!!
(how you're doing on the AAE challenge??)

Barbara said...

Your cards are really nice, love the flowers.

Maggie Ann said...

I love your cards...they are beautiful! I love your knitted flowers too...any chance of your sharing the pattern for those or telling where I could find it? I'm so into knitting just now...=)

Tigger's rambling said...

Wow, fantastic.....I'd love the pattern too, if your willing to share :-)

Sija said...

Great Paula!

Maggie Ann said...

Good Morning Paula...Thanks for sharing how you made your knitted flowers, I think they are so pretty..I must try making some.~~ I think when I glued down my mulberry paper it lost its textured effect..I love yours!

Art By Wanda said...

Both cards are beautiful!!

mum-on-the-run said...

Love your DCM card, the flowers look great :)

The ATC is just stunning, love the image!!

Planète said...

I love this card, it's beautiful !

Anonymous said...

Just like everyone has said before me, I think these are so beautiful! Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Megan said...

Oh my!!! Look at these Paula - they are so sweet and PERFECT.

Megan xx

Andrea, said...

Brilliant, love your knitted flowers

Gillian said...

wowzers Paula, you knitted the flowers first! WELL DONE YOU!
they are gorgeous and so is your card... and I totally LOVE your WS piece, STUNNING!

The Cryer Family said...

SO cute!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Love the angels.

Celestial Freak said...

Nice!