Monday 10 September 2007

AJ WK 36 Life is Beautiful & TMTA- Slidemounts


I have gone butterfly crazy today. I just saw one & it reminded me of fragile beauty.
This fitted the "Life is Beautiful " prompt perfectly for the Art Journal. The picture is one my friend, Joy sent me of glasswinged butterflies. I cut out tiny ones to sit on the edges & wrote in silver around the middle picture, Life is beautiful & soft like fragile wings...
Then I remembered purchasing this background paper on the TMTA ATC, quite some time ago not really having an idea how I would use it. I handcut my slidemount from white card as mine are all too large to place on an ATC & covered it in handmade onion paper which I bought in a craft shop in Corbridge, Northumberland. I also added a butterfly & wrote in silver pen, Love is like a gentle butterfly...soft, fragile, fluttering along... I'm afraid I'm no poet but I think it looks good!!

37 comments:

Marjolein said...

I love this........beautiful it is!! Both cards by the way:-))) And..... I think your poetry is wonderful!!!

Jen said...

So beautiful. The picture does indeed fit the life is beautiful theme for this week!

Anonymous said...

This is a great work. Love this ATC.

Barbara said...

Fun use of slide mounts

K said...

very nice!

Hermine said...

Beautiful.

anne said...

Gorgeous ATC. I love butterflies

Anonymous said...

beautiful

Alexandra said...

tolles ATC

Anonymous said...

equsite and stunning

Elizabeth said...

Both beautiful ATC's!!

butterfly said...

Very beautiful. Butterflies always have my attention because they tell me so much of beautiful life.

Anonymous said...

I love your cards !!, butterflies are so beautiful !!

Anonymous said...

Lovely butterflies!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, you did a good job on this, lot of work.

Debbie Doughty said...

Wow, two great cards from one prompt! I'm still trying to figure out what to do for one!

Kate, Dave and the kiddlets said...

Wow those are gorgeous! Hi I found your blog through a comment you left on Ann's blog, so nice to have found your inspiring work - Kate Paper Pesto.

Pearl said...

Good use of the butterflies ! They seem very much in vogue these days in a wide variety of styles ! lol

Sweet creations here Paula !

Anonymous said...

great idea

Anne said...

I just left you a comment but it hasn't saved it??? I wrote to say how beautiful they both are and both fit their prompt perfectly!

Trude Julie said...

Wow, what nice cards!

Anonymous said...

This must have done an amount of work - great - both ATC are very interesting art work

Andrea, said...

They are both beautiful love all the butterflies

Anonymous said...

Great card!!

Anonymous said...

wunderschön !

LG mandy

Anonymous said...

Paula! I so love butterflies! Eeek, these are just gorgeous! Love the details, like the silver writing, the 3D butterfly and the pretty paper. =)

nina

Nellie said...

Goregous! Love butterflies and you made such a nice atc with them!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

oh wow- those butterflies are amazing!

Kat W said...

Nice work! I love butterflies!

Unknown said...

Just beautiful, love all the butterflies :)

Lee Weber said...

I love butterflies too! Your card is really unique!

Anonymous said...

these are just lovely & so inspiring..and I LOVE your writing!

Heather said...

Gorgeous! What a lovely job you did. Butterflies are beautiful!

Hazel said...

Both of these are really beautiful. I have an obsession with butterflies, too!

Sija said...

Beautiful Paula!

Anonymous said...

Love it! So beautiful!

Gisele said...

Two more wonderful pieces & love the poetry!