Sunday 24 August 2008

Time to Celebrate & to Listen

I have had another fabulous week at work & am glad to be home for a long weekend to re charge my batteries, do a bit of crafting & get ready for a new week of more reading & learning. I made a start on these pages for the time minibook yesterday but waited for full light before finishing off the second one & getting the photos. Sadly the second one isn't very clear, don't know what is wrong the camera said it was too bright for the flash but the picture seems a touch too dark for me!
Right, page 25, Celebrate. I used a new stamp free from a membership, love the curvy angled lettering on this word, bold & works perfectly with the offcut of paper from a page layout I had done last weekend. Since I turned 40, last year my life has been a series of non stop small celebrations. I found a new inner strength soon after my 40th, must have been the photo shoot & the fabulous pictures I got that made me look at myself differently. Since then I have made a fair few changes to my lifestyle & achieve a great deal ranging from losing a lot of weight after a nasty experience taking steroids, to having better control of my finances and the more recent new job success.

Week 26, Listen. I handmade the paper on the page using inks & stamps. The photo I took a few years ago & basically it was the inspiration for the word. I love to listen to the wind in the trees & the birds singing. It is calming & reminds me to slow down & breathe in the nature around me. Stop rushing & enjoy the beauty that is all around. As I said the photo hasn't come out too well & editing hasn't helped a great deal either. I really hope it doens't mean my camera is coming to the end of its life!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad work is still fabulous! your book is coming along wonderfully!

Andrea, said...

Wonderful work Paula, I'm so pleased to hear your job is going well. It will be worth all the hard work in the end. Have a good Bank Holiday