Saturday 27 October 2018

Commissioned Christmas Cards

I was asked to make three cards
at the end of July 2018, for a friend
who occassionally travelled on the bus with me.
She needed special cards for sets of friends.
I was given the design brief of anything you like
"but about this size."
She showed me a folded newspaper.
I gu-estimated it to measure 5x7.

Here is what I came up with.
Classic Christmas colours, clean & simple.
I created my card bases from pieces of Stampin' Up
Cherry Cobbler cut to 7 x 10, scored at 5"
I added white, dies cut, shaped panels on the insides.
I embossed pieces of Whisper White card with
Gemini Brick wall folder.
I die cut my window from same card & fun foam.
(I can't remember the make of the window die.
Except it is not Memory Box or Tim Holtz)
I used Tim Holtz Garlands die,
X Cut Daisy border punch,
Stampin' Up Fishtail Banner.
Scraps of DoCraft/Papermania papers for blinds
More Cherry Cobbler for pelmets. 
Computer Generated Text - Alex Brush size 16.

These are the first cards for 2018.
I have been made redundant & am taking a few weeks
to rest and create more pretty things.

No comments: