Thursday 29 November 2018

Mixed Media Book Cover

I took time out from my Christmas card creations
to make a little something for me.
I needed a new notebook for my novel lists.
I bought this one from Home Bargains.
Nice but not me!
 So I turned it into this.
 Here are close ups of the Front & Back covers.
I used any old paper and it shrank from all
the water. Note to self - cut it larger next time.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

 What I should have done is make it
on watercolour paper.
Cut it larger than the cover and not the exact size.
But you know what? I don't care, I love it!
So it shrunk, no worries.
Cover was made by applying Distress Oxides,
Wrinkle free style on my glass mat.
Drying between colours to prevent Mud!
1st application: Dusty Concord / Picked Raspberry
2nd: Mustard seed / Salty Ocean
Once dry all edges blended Vintage photo.
Stamping in same oxide colours.
Stamps: Inkylicious / Rachel Kalbach
Stampotique / Darcies / Mama Elephant
Stampers Anonymous pattern on back
(original designer not Tim Holtz re-make)
Copper & White Gel Pen detail.

No comments: