Saturday 15 December 2018

Christmas card

Today sees the start of 9 scheduled posts.
Each post will showcase my 2018 designs
for my Christmas cards.
The 8th post will be on 22/12
then there will be a few days break.
My 9th post will be a card for
a Christmas Day birthday.

First up; Apron shaker card.
This was created from a single piece
of kraft cardstock, scored in the middle
to create the stand. It was attached
at the top to complete.
The armholes were cut using an oval die.
The front is a shaker pocket.

 Inside the pocket is a stamped scene.
It features baking stamps,
free with Creative Stamping magazine.

 The pocket also houses 54 minature gingerbread men.
I had one tiny die (Sara Davies) free
Cardmaking & Papercrafts.
So it was run through my Big Shot
multiple times. Then each man 
was held in tweezers while I coloured them
using Altenew Delectable Delights Inks ;
Almond Butter / Hazelnut / Milk Chocolate.
5 or 6 were given faces and glued down onto the scene.

The rest moved around freely in the pocket.
I included Vintage Platinum Glitter
by Tim Holtz for a brown sugar effect.
Finally I cut & strung some more
gingerbread men using an X-cut
mini die to decorate the side.
It was intended as a card, but the recipient
hung it on her tree and it looks great like that.
The completed card stands approx. 5 x 5ins 

No comments: