Monday 17 December 2018

Christmas Cards - day 3

First card is for my (step) sister, Allyson.
I die cut an oval from glitter red paper.
Added die cut branches & Owls.
Owls are Winnie & Walter Happy Owlidays.
Coloured with Copics.
(I'm new to copics so please don't judge too harshly)
Merry Christmas die cut by Sara Davies
free with Cardmaking & Papercraft.
(It came with the cute gingerbread man from day 1)

Second card, (step) sister, Tracy.
(Yes, two sister's called Tracy! and you wonder why I'm confused)
Made with all the same products, just 
a different image from stamp set.


 This final design for today, is for the
residents of the cul-de-sac i live on.
Not sure if I mentioned before,
but every one sends a card to each house.
Many of the residents are widowed, and several
are between 88 and 90.

This year I based my card on this design by
the amazing Jennifer Maguire.
 There are several differences between my design
and her original, but as you can see from the
photo, I have credited her on the card.
Too many people do not do so. 
While she is happy to share all her ideas,
to take them and call them your own
is theft and it is wrong.

In Jennifer's design she used a Poinsettia.
Mine is a free magazine cover stamp & die set
Altenew Christmas Rose.
I used the red card to form the front
of my design to enable it to stand.
Jennifer, attached her red piece to the back of the card.
Mine is embossed with WOW
pearl powder and inked with
Altenew; Evening Gray / 
Citrus Burst  & Minty Mint. 
Card - Stampin' Up - Cherry Cobbler
 

1 comment:

anne said...

Gorgeous cards Paula. I love my Copics and have done classes with Faye Wynn-Jones who is a fabulous teacher and lovely with it. I gave my large promarker collection to my sister xx