Sunday 16 December 2018

Christmas Cards - Day 2

Family
My Dad & Sister, Tracy.

First up is Dad.
A festive lantern, 
driving home for Christmas.


Lantern was cut from a hand made card base
using 230gsm card to ensure it would stand.
I used Camping Lantern from Sugar Pea Designs.
Truck & tree, free with issue 181,
Simply Cards & Papercrafts.
I think this set is one of my favourites.


Gold heat embossing with WOW
Metallic Gold Rich Pale (sf)
Gold mirror cardstock for details & base.
 
 Side view showing it stood.

Open view to show inside decoration.
Acetate front so truck is visible
& snow embossed onto it.
The card was made up of multi layers
of the lantern die cut.



The next two are Tracy's.
First, her card.
 Tim Holtz Poinsettia Mixed Media die
backed with red Christmas paper.
 Vellum piece wrapped around &
two layer Christmas word die cut
this is by Hero Arts.
 

Inside the card, I added the same paper.
I then die cut the oval to add interest.
The holly was negatives from another card.
 

Below is her handcrafted decoration for 2018.
I try to make one every Christmas
so she can use them every year.
This is my adapted Pop Up box card.
It has no flaps because the two sides
have die cut snowflakes & as
you can see, the front has deer.
 This is a Luminary.
It is designed to stand over a battery tea light.
The light shines through the vellum covered die cuts.
The top die cuts help diffuse the light
as my prototype was open and light
flooded straight up.
You will see two more of these
over the course of the week :)


No comments: