Sunday 23 December 2018

Day 9 - The final Christmas Card

At the top of our cul-de-sac live
a young couple who decorate their tree
each year with so many lights.
It makes Christmas for us when we see it.
Dad, Bill & Jenny & I love it so much.
So this year, we wanted to send a card to them,
to let them know that it is much apperciated.
After all, it is a pretty bitterly cold job!


So this is the card I created for
Gavin & Rebecca.
 
I made the card base from 230gsm card to ensure
it would stand up well with the frame.
I added a distressed square of paper (Silent Night - Trimcraft)
Marked out the centre of the frame & stencilled
Falling Stars & Script Christmas words (Tim Holtz)
I mixed the texture paste with a little Irridescent medium
& PaperArtsy Fresco Paint - Glacier Ice.
I chose that blue as it matched the paper perfectly.
(Not that you can really see now!)
While it dried, I die cut 4 frames using Presscut squares
& stacked them together.
I then die cut a fifth frame, covered it with some paper
& then applied gesso with a stippled brush to recreate
the look of snow.
I made the tree from corrugated cardboard.
Covered it in clear crackle paste (Prima Finnabair)
& added clear microbeads.
Once dry I brushed over PaperArtsy Fresco
in Snowflake & when that was dry I then applied
PaperArtsy Fresco White Fire.
This was also used to distress the paper square.
I adore that colour.
Shaker materials - Glitter fake snow, silver/white stars.
Acetate added to single paper frame and placed on top of
the layered frame. Snowflakes to finish.
Tiny snowflake - Sara Davies
other two are Concord & 9th 
This is a 3D Christmas tree die bit
the top branches looked like snowflakes to me.
 

No comments: