Thursday 11 July 2019

30th Birthday Commission

This card was commissioned by Lorraine,
an ex colleague, for her daughter, Rhianne.
The brief was;
sunshine, tea, Harry Potter, otters,
squirrels, meerkats & brightly coloured.
I think I managed to fit them all in!
  
The box itself was made using the free die with
Die Cutting Essentials - 51.
It started life as a plain piece of white card
& I made backgrounds on each side.
I kept the inside relatively subdued, but
the outside was a riot of stenciled, Dylusions paint colours.


I made a tiny book to place the 30 on so it wasn't too "in your face"
& put two quotes Lorraine requested onto tea cups.
(Dies by Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine issue 176)

I spelt out her name using Tim Holtz Alphanumeric dies.
I was careful to use free Harry Potter images from UI-Ex.com
 
 

No comments: