Sunday 14 July 2019

Just Breathe

This page in my mini junk journal was
heavily inspired by France Papillon.
In particular this journal on Monday
video - 171 Brave
I wanted to emulate the texture that
France created, but using all I had.
Namely heavy gesso, brayer & PaperArtsy
Fresco Chalk paints.
This page is the reverse of the image
transfer & it was a tad fragile at the edges.
So I had adhered torn scraps of brown paper,
magazine paper & old tea bag paper in a
collage fashion (having learned from LorriMarie)
I watered down a little gesso to coat it all,
applying it heavier on the darker browns.

 I then began lightly brayering my colours;
PaperArsty Cherry Blossom,
Sugar Plum, Orchid & Pansy.
I added more gesso heavier in places & added a
frame of Spanish Mulberry using a brayer technique
Leandra had taught us in  the PaperArtsy videos.
I have several of the brayer ones in my playlist, here
I added stamping with some script images, which
I then knocked back with gesso.
I added gesso through this Circle Squared stencil
by Mike Deakin Art. 
I copied Frances technique of blending Inktense pencils
around the circles as I love my Inktense.
I journaled around them & then added a 
little black & grey for more definition.
Finally, as I loved the texture so much,
I just added the Prima Finnabair words.

No comments: