Wednesday 3 July 2019

Exotic - Mini Junk Journal

This is page 8 of the journal.
It is the reverse of Mildred,
with the cut out window & gold fretwork.
The page was covered with PaperArtsy Twighlight.
I added some lighter blue strokes in places
to give light & texture.
I then applied gold paint by Colourcraft,
through TCW Circle Doily stencil.


Because Mildred had a royal theme I wanted something equally 
opulent, luxurious, exotic for this side, so felt the
blue worked with the existing gold screen.
I added this stamped Altenew Build A Flower Cattleya
in shades of oranges as I felt they matched
the golds closer than any other colours.
The words are part of the meaning I found for
Cattleya Orchids. The rest got torn!
So I added luxury & exotic near the flowers,
because this is what they represent.

Here is an image of the page showing
that the page can been seen through to the other side.
You can just see my French Gentleman
from the London / Paris insert.

No comments: