Saturday 29 June 2019

"Each of us." Mini Junk Journal

I wanted a textural, vintage look for this page & so
I added torn die cutting off-cuts
to create a textured background.
I then built up my colour in stages,
using glazed layers. I love this technique!!
I usually only do it on canvas, but fancied a go
in an art journal.
I am very pleased with the results.

 Over the torn pages I applied a layer of Liquitex Heavy Gesso,
followed by a painted layer of Acrylic Titan Buff.
Once dry, I applied Prima Finnabair Art Basics Clear crackle paste
through a mini Tim Holtz numbers stencil.
I also added the pste with a palette knife to add other texture.
For my glazes I used;
PaperArtsy French Roast / Toffee
Daler Rowney Burnt Umber / Red Ochre
To emphasis some areas I added Dylusions Black Marble
paint & a little PaperArtsy White Fire.
I die cut the Xcut Cogs & applied gold embossing powder,
I then reheated the powder & sprinkled on salt.
This gives a distressed look.
I computer generated the words.
My thinking behind them was that we are all a mass of
tiny parts, which when working together in harmony,
create a happy world. The cogs symbolize the working together.
Not as in the most commonly used phrase, cogs in the wheel.

1 comment:

Cristin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.