Friday 14 June 2019

Sanctuary - Mini Junk Journal

This page was a map with a bird on it.
I so wanted to keep the bird but short of
tearing paper scraps & sticking them all over,
I had no idea where this page was going.

So I left it a while & did other pages in the journal.
Then I had an idea & came back to it.
This is actually page 6 - Sanctuary.

I thought the outlines of all the torn text
pieces looked like old castle walls or some
similar old building.
So I used PaperArtsy Fresco paints to
colour them using several greens, browns & grey.
I then added more colour to the bird & gave it some
sort of nest/ ground material. 
I fashioned the arch rather too perfectly
for real life, but it could really be
a small window in a castle.
I used my Inktense pencils to add further colour
& to highlight the "stone work".
Finally I added a sentence & some words from
an old RSPB magazine. It was an article about
birds seeking sanctuary in the urban cities of UK.

No comments: