Monday 10 June 2019

Open Heart

Another mini junk journal page.
This began as a page from Daphne's Diary,
covered with clear gesso.
I added a couple of spots of Dylusions
paint in Vibrant Turquoise & Fresh Lime
& brayered them together lightly.
I added white, then more green.
Once this layer was dry, I added stenciling.
I used Mini Patterns - TCW
designed by Julie Fei - Fan Balzer 
I used more Dylusions paint
Lemon Zest/ Squeezed Orange
& more Vibrant Turquoise. 

 Once that layer was dry, I added Bubblegum Pink
through Swatton Flowers v.2 - Stencil Girl
Over this layer I added stamping in Archival Black
& Hero Arts Raspberry Jam inks.
The next layer was to add glue through a stencil
I used a UHU gluestick for ease.
Once tacky I added gold leaf.
I stamped Dina Wakley's Handwritten Heart Collage 
& then added heavy gesso around the edge to
white out the page & also the heart centre.
I then added Tim Holtz words.
This was extremely layered & colourful.
Way out of my comfort zone, but not now! 😀
I find myself loving this technique
& must try again ... SOON!!

No comments: